Tuesday 26 April 2016

Skyfall Title Sequence - VFX

I wanted to look at a more technical side of animation that can be used in a 3D aspect as I haven't really looked at much of this. I looked at the Skyfall title sequence, which features a lot of scenes that are very surreal and as it's such an iconic film series I thought it would be a great modern example.


Skyfall - Opening Title Sequence from Best Of Cinema on Vimeo.

Even thought a lot of the scenes are beautifully put together, I do think that the soundtrack in this title sequence really is what brings it all together and without it, it definitely would not be as effective. This really shows how important your soundtrack can be and possibly even better to decide on this before you go into production. Below I have put a few stills that I really liked in this sequence and I like them because they are scenes that couldn't exist without 3D animation. They are really detailed and also show how realistic you can make animation feel even though it has been created through a computer. This is something that I am not really interesting in pursuing in the future, however I still think that it is important for me to look at the current industry to see what is out there.






No comments:

Post a Comment