Wednesday 27 April 2016

Book Review - KRAZY!

I took a book out of the library that I have been looking at just to explore different areas of the industry and this book explores anime, comics and video games. One of the things that I enjoyed about looking at this book was that it had so many examples of different artists to look at and this is something that is sometimes hard to find when you just want some easy inspiration. Even though the book says that it looks at anime on the cover it has actually a lot of really cool illustrative artists that have really fun work.



Below I am going to discuss a few artists that I liked in the book!









PHILIP GUSTON

I liked this illustrator because of his very detailed yet messy style, which I thought was fun and stood out to me. His work is quite abstract and tells a story in only a drawing and I love the comedic style he uses in his art.



LOTTE REINIGER

This artist was one of the most different in comparison to the rest of the book and I liked her because of this. Her work is cut out and she uses silhouette animation which I find really interesting! Silhouettes are something that I would love to try in the future and her work is really detailed and beautiful to me. Below I have put one of her animations and watching this kind of animation that created quite a while ago is so inspiring as it is still great and really well done. I love the different layers she uses and the style of the cut out where each part is connected.



MOYOCO ANNO

This last artist is a manga artist, and I don't normally go for manga as I prefer different styles, however when I saw her work I thought it was beautiful and not the normal manga style. I like it because her drawings of characters are a little more realistic rather than cartoonish and I really love the colours and the way she paints her manga. As you can see below her characters are really detailed and this is something I always love in artwork. I feel like she uses watercolour to create her pieces but I'm not too sure, anyway the colours are great.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment