Saturday 23 April 2016

Elliot Lim


 Elliot Lim I found through watching the PPP presentations and he is an artist that I had actually never heard or seen of before! I was really attracted to his work when I first saw it so I really wanted to do a little more research on him and look at his work further. He is a freelance director, designer and animator and I liked his work before of the minimalistic style and his use of transitions in his animations that I thought were so creative and clever. 


Something that I am passionate and love is creating and designing backgrounds and after looking at Elliot Lim's animations I wanted to look more at his static work. Below are a few of his pieces that I thought were beautifully done.

6ebd2230524905.5626eef9121fa.jpg


64e0bd30524905.5626eef9142a5.jpg

97aed630524905.5626eef90ffe8.jpg


The reason I really like these scenes are because they are really minimal and use very simple shapes to form the scene, however there is still a lot of detail in them too. The grass in the first image is almost square and sharp, but this style is really appealing to me as it's very modern and sleek-looking. I also really liked the colour palette that has been used in these scenes, I feel the greens, blues and greys work really well together and in keep with the style of drawing. These scenes have been created digitally and this is something that is quite new to me as I have never drawn digitally before coming to university, so looking at other digital artists is helping me think of new ways that I can explore the way of drawing.

b8d19630524905.5626eef90b925.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment