Tuesday 26 April 2016

Building Puppets in Animation



I watched this short documentary about building puppets and I found it really interesting and found out a lot that I had no idea about before. Building puppets and creating animation this way I found would be a really cool method and I really enjoy filming live footage as I love filmmaking. I would really want to try this method one day and I don't have the same high quality materials that they have in this video, I could maybe take the tips such as having a flat mouth which can be covered by hair or pieces of foam and create my own equivalent. However, in tho video he explains that you may think they use really good tools to create the puppets, but he explains that they don't really use that many tools and mainly use their hands and scissors. I have seen them here use foam, wire, beads, cardboard, cement used to glue shoes and material for the fur of the characters. They also use patterns and keep them so that they can replicate puppets again and again for when they cut the foam and this is really clever so that if something happens to your puppet or you can to make another one with a similar structure you don't have to start from scratch again. These puppets seem to be mainly made out of foam which is all glued together and I really loved watching this to find out more about puppets which we may not get to really cover that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment