Tuesday 26 April 2016

Anomalisa!

"Anomalisa" Trailer from JoePassarelli on Vimeo.

This animation excites me so much! A lot animation that is created for film is usually made for children or a young audience and especially stop motion where we see films like Coraline ect. I absolutely love film and to know that film and animation is now coming together to create a more serious genre is really exciting to me. I understand that some people don't see animation as a serious genre, however with films like this coming out I feel like it will start to inspire more people to love it as an art form or to create more serious animations that can be taken seriously by the film industry. This is the first ever stop motion to feature a sex scene and it may be bizarre and a definitely out of the ordinary, but to me this is just another stepping stone into the idea that animation is evolving! I have not yet got to watch this film but I am awaiting the day for it to come out so I can watch it, maybe I'll write another blog post once I have because I can't wait! I really love how they have used only one voice actor for every character and one other one for the female character, I feel like it makes the animation really personal and after reading a lot of reviews on it, it has been said how emotional and great this film is.

No comments:

Post a Comment