Tuesday 26 April 2016

Only Yesterday - Studio Ghibli - US Release

Only Yesterday is an old animation, but it is only just being released as a US version! This just shows me how animation is timeless and even though this animation is around 25 years old, watching the trailer you would think that it's brand new. I absolutely love Studio Ghibli's art style and I love how they are so great at creating emotion with their characters and their beautifully painted backgrounds, I feel like they make the audience want to be there too and this is a really great as an animation as it really takes the viewer into a different world.

 

I have put below a few different scenes form the animation that I really liked and they really inspire me to create my own backgrounds that are of high standard like Ghilbi's. When so much effort is put into the scenes it makes the world that the animation is set in feel more real and like it's an actual place. I have done a little research into Ghibli's backgrounds before and I found Miyazaki likes to base a lot of his worlds of places like Italy and is completely in love with England so that might be why some of his settings are very green and feature lots of farming and fields like the second image and some are very warm and feature a lot of the ocean like places like Italy.





No comments:

Post a Comment