Tuesday 26 April 2016

Claymation!

In animation I really love the idea of stop motion and favour it over over methods so I wanted to look at claymation which is a form of stop motion. I have never really seen in detail how they animate clay but I have had the experience so far of creating my own clay model, but I didn't get to animate with it.

Sonos - Claymation from 1stAveMachine on Vimeo.

I really liked this example of claymation because it was different from the usual character and narrative animation, and instead uses claymation to create a different effect. I think this kind of animating shows how animation doesn't have to always be used in this way and can be used in different ways like this one. I love how they use pastel clay to make all the different flowers and it makes for a really stunning animation.



Morphology from Peter Sluszka on Vimeo.

This is yet another animation where I really liked it because it was different. The effort that must have gone into this animation is unreal and I would really love to see the making of this video! I like it because of the super detailed form that the clay goes through and you can see that the time was really taken to create this little clip. This kind of ting inspires me to experiment more with clay because of the fact that you can literally create anything out of it and it can morph and move in ways that no other material can.


Share The Joy. Répandez la Joie. from SHED on Vimeo.

Finally, I just waned to share this one because I thought it was quite cute and had a nice narrative. This kind of claymation shows how you can create your own little world and characters in it and I like this animation because it really made good use of characters and the emotion they are feeling throughout. As the characters keep swapping legs this is something that is really easily created in claymation and it shows again the kind of wacky things you can do with this medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment