Friday 28 April 2017

Hedgehog's Home - Animation Inspiration

Hedgehog's Home (Making-of) from NFB/marketing on Vimeo.

Felting is something that I have recently come across within my own practices and I decided to look at some examples within the animation world that use this method too. I found 'Hedgehog's Home' a short film that's still in production made Bonobostudios. I really loved this making of video above as it uses previews of animating as well as the building of sets. Even though the video is short, I still got a lot of pointers from it such as using a paintbrush to boil the fur in animating and using a light behind the painted background to create a 'sun'. It's really exciting to still see stop-motion animations such as this still in process as people always talk about how the medium is dying! The level of detail within this short film is incredible and it inspires me to push myself further within my own projects! This kind of animation for me would be something I would love to be a part of and gives me inspiration for next year when I can go for a bigger project. I can't wait for this film to come out as the whole aesthetic is beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment