Wednesday 26 April 2017

Symbiose - Animation Inspiration


Symbiose from Rosalie Benevello on Vimeo.

This stop-motion short is a lovely example of textured sound that I want to achieve in my future animations, recently I have been putting a lot of time into getting ambience and foley sounds together to create a soundscape that accentuates the animations. The animation above really captures the rain, crunchiness of the forest and different textures within the materials used and I find this is an important thing to learn. I also like the cinematography within this animation as it uses lots of depth of field to draw focus to different parts of the narrative such as the rain. Even though the rain is digitally added to this animation they have still managed to in keep it with the style, which is nice. I also love the use of paper-cut out forest and creatures along side wooden/painted/paper puppets with plastic raincoats. The materials work great together and they are all pastel and toned down to create a certain aesthetic. I also want to experiment more with materials and making different styles of puppets like these ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment