Friday 7 April 2017

A Collective I Like...

I thought it would be a good idea to look at the collectives that are currently out there in the animation industry to get an idea of what our collective should aspire to be like and I found one called the Catfish Collective! They are a British collective of two animation directors, Daniella Orsini and Joe Orton.

 

Catfish is clearly a stop-motion collective with quite an impressive clientele, including BBC, Flora, Lego, Cadbury and many more! I really like their simplistic style and how they closely work with paper and the handmade whilst still keeping in the with times of the digital. They also don't pigeon-hole themselves as they offer not only animation but also development, scripts and design. This is a great tip for my Sea Motion collective as we don't want to exclude other things coming our way by saying we solely produce animation, and this is always something to keep in mind. I think it's really nice how they say in the above promotional video how they 'always have a handmade core' and I want this to almost be the same message we have within our own collective.

No comments:

Post a Comment