Monday 3 April 2017

Sea Motion Collective

For the Life's a Pitch module me, Emma and Amy have decided that to make this project most beneficial to us that we are going to group together to make our own stop-motion collective! I'm really excited about this as it's something that we can take further and even carry on after university.

We have given roles within the group for now so that we can get on with creating plans ect in time for the presentation of our idea.



My roles include putting together a showreel and any footage that we need for the social media or our website, also I am in charge of promotions. Below are some of the slides that we put together for the presentation of our ideas to the class.



I found that we had a really solid idea in our presentation and that we were on the right track for creating something really useful and something that could work even after we leave university. Below is a preview of our Facebook page we recently made and so far it has 80 likes with just people we have all invited! It's all of our job to manage the social media as we felt that this would make it more active than if just one person ran it all. We are still the make an Instagram and vimeo account to go alongside this.



We also talked about a rebrand for our collective as this logo was something really quickly thrown together by me and isn't the best we could come up with. We have discussed it being a sea themed logo and house style as our collective is 'Sea Motion', so it would be a good idea for it to be a fish, a turtle or something along those lines. I also added that it should be done in a watercolour style as this relates even more to that theme and would really bring it all together! I took it upon myself to start creating a new logo after discussing that we should all come up with a separate logo and then pick between us which we think is the most effective.



Here is the logo I came up with and it is a Betta fish.



I also tried playing around with the colours.


I liked this better than the pink and purple.



Finally, I went for a inverted version of the logo which looked really cool! I feel like this would stand out a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment