Tuesday 11 April 2017

Building my Own Website/Social Media Presence

To become more professional I want to develop my own website and social media presence and getting myself more out there online, as this is the main platform to get noticed on nowadays.






I already have been building myself up a Vimeo account (right) and I plan to carry on uploading here, which I feel is much better platform than something like YouTube for animators as there are a lot more animations on Vimeo than on YouTube which is so vast with different content.





I have also been keeping up with my Instagram account, where I post regularly and this is mainly focused on animation production shots more than actual animations that I make as a 'behind the scenes'. I have also linked this up to my Facebook account.


Below is the Facebook that my other accounts are linked to. I have also created my own banner for this page, however I'm thinking about creating a new logo and brand for all my social medias as a future plan so that they all are synced up.


So, I have began creating my own website and below is the preview of it so far. It is still in quite early stages as again I want to design a brand for myself in the near future. I still think that it's looking quite good at the moment, however it still needs work.


My next steps are to create a house style and get some high quality photographs of all of my work from this year, this way I will be able to get a good portfolio going and I've found that it really pays off to spend time on your portfolio and making it all look really professional before sending it off to anyone after graduating.

No comments:

Post a Comment