Thursday 19 November 2015

Effective Presentation Tips

We had a seminar about how our presentations should be and how they can be successful and I took some valuable notes I'm going to share! This was a really useful thing to think about and discuss mainly because as a student I have been made to give presentations to my classmates since high school and I feel like in this time you can actually pick up some bad habits and by going over this topic it can help this. I know for a fact that I have definitely given presentations where I used bullet points and clip art!!
  • A presentation should be a communication of your story or journey and is a vehicle for sharing ideas, thoughts, concepts or a resolution of a project.
  • It should convey meaningful information concisely.
  • You need to know your audience!
  • Assume that your audience knows nothing or very little about your work.
  • Inform your audience about what you're doing.
  • Explain who you are and be yourself.
  • Explain your role and what you have done in your role.
  • Explain how you got to where you are or how you plan to get there.
  • Explain how you will move forward in your project or topic.
  • It's not about you.
  • Always know your subject and keep it simple!
  • Don't use clip art - unprofessional.
  • Use imagery so that you can get to your point easier.
  • Avoid using bullet points (Unlike this blog post)
  • Slides should be should be visible from 8ft.
  • Be enthusiastic and keep the attention of your audience!

No comments:

Post a Comment