Thursday 12 November 2015

Mary Blair

Mary Blair was a designer for Disney studios back in the 1950s and her work inspired many of the studio's productions due to her great use of colour. I really liked her work when looking at it and it really stood out to me while reading the book CartoonModern, I liked her as her work was well laid out and had a magical feel to it. The way Blair colours her work is one of the main reasons it stood out to me and se creates different lightings within the colour choices she uses. Below the painting of the horses and carriage picking up Cinderella is glowing in the painting and this is present in the final animation, her use of colour and design really have helped shape the famous animations produced at Disney.


When looking at her beautiful concept art for planning the different animations, it's clear that the final animations have taken a lot of inspiration from her visions and this is something that is very inspiring about her as an artist.



I feel that even though she did not directly animate at Disney, her works have still influenced the final animations and I haven't thought about this as a role in animation before so it really inspired me.

No comments:

Post a Comment