Monday 8 February 2016

Adventure Time - First Stop Motion Episode!

Adventure Time have recently released their first stop motion animation as a new episode called 'Bad Jubies' and I really enjoyed seeing the same characters but in a different medium. After looking at the behind the scenes of this episode it really interested me into how they make the characters move, in the clip below it shows the characters on cranes when they are jumping into the air. I liked being able to see  how they did this and it would be great to investigate further into how they edit out the crane, however I noticed that it's coloured green which may be how they select it out in post. What I also liked about this animation is that Jake as a character is a shape shifter which would be quite difficult to animate using stop motion, I did notice in this episode that he does not shape shift as much. This is clearly because it's hard to animate, however I would like to see more of adventure time episode being animated using stop motion and pushing there boundaries. Finally, I liked the way that the character of the storm was animated, this was a really nice use of a different material and the animators managed to pull it off really well using a cloud-like material instead of clay. 




No comments:

Post a Comment