Friday 13 April 2018

Freelance: Working with LAU Student Union

LAU Student Union have commissioned me after I won the logo brief, to create them a poster and banner for their website and to promote the buddy scheme.


Here are the requirements I was given to follow, which were pretty simple and free.




Below is the poster. I wanted to really keep the colour scheme of the logo, which I used the colours that Leeds Arts University seem to use for their website ect. I also tried to replicate the font that the Student Union use for a lot of their posters, which the closest font I could find was Futura.


Below is the banner.



I found this task somewhat difficult as someone who doesn't have much to any experience with graphic design, however it definitely taught me a new skill and gave me a little bit of experience in a different field. I'm really happy with the way that the poster turned out and the Union are also really happy with my final design and didn't even require me to change anything! This has given me the confidence that I'm not only an animator and that I do have the skills as a creative to pick up other little briefs such as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment