Saturday 4 February 2017

CV Workshop

As part of PPP, I decided to attend a CV workshop to learn more of the different CVs required and how I would go about adapting or creating my own for different jobs. As I only have the standard CV, I wouldn't have had much clue about making a creative one without going to this workshop!

Here are my notes about the different CVs.

STANDARD CV - For part-time jobs/vacation jobs

  • Contact details
  • Education & qualifications
  • Work experience, embed your skills into the text
  • Interests
  • Referees (2) Tutor & employer

SKILL BASED CV 
  • Personal details
  • Optional personal statement (few sentences)
  • Brief outline of education
  • Brief outline of work experience (in this case go over what you've done)
  • Expansion of skills (talk about skills needed for the role and where you had gained these from)
  • Brief outline of interests/activities
  • Referees
ARTISTS CV
  • Clear font that can be easily photocopied
  • Contact details
  • Website and blog
  • Education from first degree onwards
  • Awards you have won or been shortlisted
  • Solo or group exhibitions including your exhibition name/gallery location
  • Competitions/live briefs
  • Residencies
  • Commissions (show the outcome)
  • Publications (outline where people have written about you)
CREATIVE CV EXAMPLES


Here are some examples I found online of creative CVs and this showed me that they are very different in comparison to a standard CV, I feel the most important thing here is showing off your creativity and showing what you look like before they even get to meet you!

I really benefited from going to this workshop as I learnt the different types of CVs as well as what employers look for and what you can do to make sure yours doesn't just go straight in the bin. My next steps are to create my own creative CV so that when I leave university I will have one ready that I will have worked on and planned out properly with the right guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment