Friday 20 January 2017

Trying Claymation

First Try at Claymation! from Stacy Straub on Vimeo.

As part of learning different practices in animation, I tried out a little claymation without any prior planning just to give it go! I really enjoyed doing this and I found 2 hours had gone by so fast when making this little animation. This really helped me start to see another technique of animation that I want to take further. I liked stop-motion, however I had never really tried claymation before.

With this animation, clearly it's very rough and I could have made the movements a little more slow, especially when he's looking at his hands/arms. I feel like I did really well at having quite smooth motion, when the snake goes into his mouth and when he melts. When previewing the footage after making each part I was quite surprised how well it has turned out. I am definitely going to carry out playing around with plasticine and I have ordered some aardman eyes from eBay so I can start making little characters of my own too!

My next steps are to read Cracking Animation by Peter Lord all the way through and look at making a bit more of a planned animation, so I can develop claymation even further.

No comments:

Post a Comment