Sunday 30 October 2016

Who Am I Now?

Things I've Learnt so Far

  • Photoshop animation.
  • The Principles of Animation! I knew nothing about these when I first started university so I have taken time to study and consider them within each new animation I create.
  • How to juggle multiple modules at once, I had done so in the past but not with modules that run throughout the whole year!
  • This past year has forced me to present on my own to a class as well as show people on the big screen my work, this has been something I have had to develop and learn as I'm not the most confident person when it comes to showing animation; something still new to me.

Things I Want to Know More About

  • Stop-motion animation
  • Model Making
  • Set Designing for Stop-motion
  • The animation industry
  • Animation Studios and the behind the scenes!

Skills That I Think Are my Strengths

  • Determination and motivation to do my best
  • Organising my time
  • Researching and collecting information to inform my narrative/essays
  • Staying positive
  • Storyboarding

Things I Would Like to Improve

  • Life drawing - I need to develop these skills to become a better rounded artist
  • I would love to expand my animation skills into other mediums away from digital
  • Social skills, meaning I want to be able to go out and talk to real animators!
  • Building models for stop-motion
  • Sometimes I get scared to try new things in case they go wrong

Practitioners That Demonstrate my Interest in Animation
  • Nick Park
  • Suzie Templeton
  • Tim Burton
  • PES
  • Marc & Emma

Websites That Demonstrate my Areas of Interest Within the Creative Industries
  • Vimeo - Best way to find shorts and current animations
  • Skwigly - Current Animation News/Articles
  • Animation World Network
  • Pinterest - For inspiration and DIY tutorials
  • Stopmotionanimation.com  - Forum that gives advice around different elements of stop-motion

No comments:

Post a Comment