Tuesday 6 October 2015

Photoshop Lesson 3

Creating Animations - Photoshop

Today I learnt how to use Photoshop in a different kind of way, I used to think that it was only for altering images but there's actually a way of making them move! First you have to turn on the 'Timeline' window found in the menus which brings up a new toolbar that you can use to make either a frame animation or a video animation. My first gif I made using the frame animation and before doing so I had to make sure my new file had the right presets, as you can see below so that it could be a video. By using layers of just different colours I was able to make colours flash one by one but it was very static, so by using the 'Tween' tool found in the timeline bar I could make the colours blend into each other by adding extra frames between them and therefore making a gradient effect.





Next, I got to animate a more realistic thing which was a sample from a game with lots of different layers. I animated this very similar to the way I did with the colours, frame by frame, and made some of the layers move on top of the background layers which stayed static to give the desired effect. To get quick movements it was best to get two frames and move the second one to the last position you want, after doing this then I used 'Tween' again to make a smooth movement. Notice that I've added 22 frames to the existing 2 frames so that the final animation will be 24fps, which is a good number to have. I cropped the image but remembered to have 'Delete Cropped Pixels' unticked so that layers can come on a off the screen in the cropped image. Finally, I exported the animation as a gif and left it as it was apart from changing the percentage so that I was able to control how much of the frame can be seen on websites ect.










No comments:

Post a Comment